January 27, 2014
Sister Martinez says thank you for the Package!!! We are going to have a blast with those things :) and the balloons :) OH and she says to not thank you for the bubble wrap. I had way too much fun with it and I even put it under the toilet seat and she thought she broke the toilet :) Sometimes I think we have too much fun as missionaries, but it keeps us sane ;)
Yes please use the tax return for my mission that is perfect! Makes me feel like I contributed! I don't know if I thank you enough for allowing me to have this opportunity! I love being a missionary not because it brings me happiness (that is an awesome result) but because I get to see the gospel bring so many other people happiness!!
We have been talking a lot lately about how little kids are amazing and they feel the spirit so well. There is a video called "How Rare a Possession" and one of the scenes has Christ hugging a child and it was SO sweet!! I always imagine myself as a child in the eyes of the Savior :) You are lucky to be surrounded by such sweet spirits!!
This week we also were talking about how people just like to talk out here. Rarely do they want to directly learn about the gospel and we have a hard time cutting in. One of our ward members always talks about making bread and her dog. Another talks about school and what she is going into. But Sister Martinez pointed out something really cool. Heavenly Father has given these people these gifts and talents for a reason and when they talk about their gifts THEY feel the spirit. We don't as much because it's not what Heavenly Father has given us. So it finally made sense when the lady that always talks about bread said she loves having us there because we help her feel the spirit so much more ;) Reaffirmed that we are not here for ourselves, but to do work for our Heavenly Father!! We have been talking a lot lately about how little kids are amazing and they feel the spirit so well. There is a video called "How Rare a Possession" and one of the scenes has Christ hugging a child and it was SO sweet!! I always imagine myself as a child in the eyes of the Savior :) You are lucky to be surrounded by such sweet spirits!!

No comments:
Post a Comment